Location: Central/Western Virginia
Specialty: Emergency Medicine
Type of Clinic : Community Hospital
About the position:
- ED volume – 20,000 with 7% admission rate
- Patient acuity level – low to medium
- 14 bed modern emergency department
- 24 hour physician coverage and 10 hour mid-level coverage
- Number of shifts available are designated by preference and contract terms.
- EMR utilized is Medhost
- Malpractice and Tail coverage provided
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Full time board certified or board eligible emergency medicine, family medicine or internal medicine physician
- ATLS, ACLS and PALS required
- Competitive base salary/benefits
- Sign on Bonus, student loan repayment and relocation assistance are negotiable
About the practice:
- Currently 3 physicians, 2 mid-levels
About the hospital:
100 bed hospital located in the desirable Blue Ridge Mountains of southwest Virginia. A Chest Pain Accredited Emergency Department is available for emergency needs around the clock. We offer everything from a robust hospitalist program to primary care, pediatrics to internal medicine, and surgical services to rehabilitation therapies.
The community is a great fit for the person loving the great outdoors and enjoys the beauty of the mountains, rivers, lakes and streams. This safe, friendly community is a great place to raise a family, yet close enough to larger cities for sporting events, the arts, and fine dining via the two interstates passing through the area. Experience “The Good Life” and enjoy work and life balance in southwest Virginia.